Monday, May 03, 2010

Derren Brown Investigates

Been looking forward to these documentaries since the beginning of last year when I knew they were being made. The first one is to be shown on Channel 4 on May 10th.



One of the subjects under investigation is medium Joe Power. A little over a year ago, when putting these documentaries together, the producers of the show had hoped to conduct a controlled test of Joe's alleged abilities. The testing was to take place at the Psychology Department at Liverpool Hope University, so I was looking forward to meeting both Derren and Joe. Alas, it was not to be... after days of working out the logistics of the testing arrangements, Joe pulled out the night before the testing was due to be done.

Perhaps he would have been more motivated to take part if there had been a million dollars on offer?

4 comments:

Tom Ruffles said...

That Derren Brown is certainly spooky - if you see a picture of him, the eyes seem to follow you round the room.

Rachel Brown (no relation) said...

I think Derren is fab. I especially liked it when he hung in the air in a plastic box.

Spiritual Junkie said...

I think Derren is particularly proud of that one...

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone.

I very much enjoy this blog, I'll be back soon!
What do you think of my explanations regarding hypnosis.

 
DreamHost discount