Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy now?

Compared to this time last week, are you more or less happy than you were? It's hard to tell isn't it? Unless, of course, you've taken part in a scientific experiment to measure just how happy you are. Well, I have. And I'm, er, still not sure if I'm any happier or not. I may have a better idea on Wednesday when some initial results from the study are to be announced.

Did you take part? Do you feel any happier?

The study was being conducted by Professor Richard Wiseman, Professor of the Public Understanding of Psychology at the University of Hertfordshire. I know Richard well having worked as his Research Assistant a little over ten years ago and I have always been amazed at the way his research captures the public's imagination. This particular project is linked to his latest book 59 Seconds, which is "a triumph of scientifically proven advice over misleading myths of self-help" (not my words, the words of Derren Brown).

My copy of the book arrived from Amazon this morning. I'll let you know if it's as good as Derren thinks it is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started doing it honest but was too miserable to finish it. My ratings were bad which made me even more miserable. I think only happy people would do it anyway which kind of defeats the object.

Spiritual Junkie said...

Why so miserable?

Anonymous said...

Just not a bubbly outgoing sociable person and wish I was. Nothing much happens from day to day but I'm ok really don't worry!

Anonymous said...

I agree anon about only happy people taking part.

I would have but had a family death so was really not in the right frame of mind.

Two weeks earlier and It would have been different.

 
DreamHost discount