Wednesday, June 10, 2009

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Yesterday was quite an auspicious day. At least it was for me. I finally decided to hand my notice in at the University where I have been employed for the last 10 years! Back in January, I indicated that I was contemplating taking a career break, but after much deliberation (including several sessions with an occupational health counsellor!) I realised that it was time to move on. Anyway, I'd have to apply for a career break and I was told it would be unlikely to be approved by the head honcho, so I thought I'd bite the bullet and give my notice.

Gulp!

7 comments:

enn said...

Congratulations now you will have more time to watch the Vicar of Dibley!
I left my job after 20 years and it was the best thing I ever did.
Good luck with all your future endeavours.

cam said...

Ooh big step and scary but if we dont take some chances in life we would never progress.

Good luck for whatever you decide to do next.

Spiritual Junkie said...

Thanks for the support! Enn, what job did you leave? And what did you go on to do?

enn said...

I was in the Civil Service nuff said!
Took a long time of not being happy and reducing my hours thinking that would help (it didn't) to find the guts to leave.
Enjoying just being at home at present but am open to offers...

Caro said...

I've done this twice, each time after much soul-searching because I was leaving behind work that I had LOVED but which was no longer giving me anything back. It was very very scary but each time I came to see that it was the right move.
I'm sure you'll not be short of opportunities.

Anonymous said...

You leapt! :o) All will be well.

E.

John said...

Matt,
great to speak to you today.
I think its a great thing that you are doing: taking a leap into the unknown, sticking it to the man and all that.
good luck!!!!!!!

(john)

 
DreamHost discount