Monday, January 26, 2009

Ready for battle!

This is what my tarot reading for the week ahead came up with for today:
Knight of Swords: When the Knight of Swords arrives in a reading, he heralds a future battle that must be fought so that a resolution to a problem may be found. Dynamic and charming, he may come into your life for just a short period of time, but his verve is infectious: he brings enough energy and determination to meet the challenge with courage.
So I was all set for a battle of some sort today! A fight! Maybe even a "scrap" (does anyone use this term any more?), just like you used to get at school, in which me and my nemesis are surrounded by an over-excited crowd, clapping their hands in unison to the chant of "Scrap! Scrap! Scrap!..." just in case it wasn't clear to any of the onlookers exactly what was going on.

But, alas, it was not to be. No fight today. No arguments. Not even a bicker. Or a cross word. Freya, now a willful 15 month-old woddler, had had a rough night thanks to a combination of teething and an ear infection, but it was Rachel who got up in the early hours and saw to her allowing me to stay in bed as I was to be up early in the morning. Rachel was quite willing to do this (or at least said she was!) so no battle there.

Monday is my main teaching day with six hours of teaching. That all seemed to go off without a hitch, and no arguments, battles, or significant challenges that I can recall. By the time I got home around 7pm, Freya was bathed and ready for bed and Rachel had the dinner on (her own recipe lasagne... the best ever). So still no battles. I put Freya to bed and within 5 minutes she'd fallen asleep. A very relaxing evening lay ahead and an early night. Not a battle in sight.

Tarot nil points.

No comments:

 
DreamHost discount